Chamber of deputies-Web TV (The Solution)
Vitrociset’s ultimately proposed and developed solution includes:
- an optimum web-based (internet and intranet) on-demand reproduction of the Chamber’s produced audio/video contents;
- attracting new generations to institutions through a system that keeps abreast with new social-network and Web 2.0 trends with regard to consultation tools and user experience;
- enabling users to easily surf between live and recorded video flows (Chamber, Committees, events, etc.);
- simplifying the creation and publication of contents by the competent offices.
Vitrociset’s areas of activity in the project implementation can be summed up as follows:
- a User-Centric design intended to maximise users’ experience;
- benchmarking of the main national and international WebTVs in view of leading strategic positioning;
- integration with the existing production and streaming platforms (Windows Media Player, Real Player) and opening of new formats (Flash, 3GPP);
- integration for automatic search and posting functionality by means of metadata with the existing archive through ‘Web Services’;
- interactive approach (quick win, phase 1, phase 2).
The innovative elements of the Web TV solution developed for the Chamber of Deputies include:
Back to Multimedia
- new viewing and control tools (VideoWall, Tamburo, Remote Control...) and an Electronic Programme Guide (EPG with an SMS alert system or event start or cancellation eMails);
- customisation of contents and object-arrangement through simple Drag & Drop functions;
- introduction of typical Social Net elements (Rss, TagCloud, WiKi, Podcasting,...);
- cross-media content optimisation (Web, Mobile, iPod).