Page 3 of 3IMPULSO comprises the following main subsystems:
- Transport Systems and Components;
- Information Logistics;
- Collaboration Systems and Components.
Transport Systems and Components (Leader: ElsagDatamat).
Sensor systems and components, hardware and infrastructure for the
collection of information “from the field” or the implementation of
actions or activities in a more or less automated way – in order to
make the logistics management of intermodal transport more precise and
efficient and reduce human intervention.
In particular, within this subsystem, the following will be developed:
Information logistic (Leader: Vitrociset). In a sense, it is the driving force of the system since it:
containers interfaceable with rail cars and road vehicles - these small
containers are subsets of standard containers and optimise pallet
- Equipment for automatic loading/unloading operations
– based on METROCARGO horizontal translation technology – which
obviates the inconvenience of bulk breaking by efficient road and rail
- On-board and ground components for goods and vehicle tracing and monitoring (e.g. RFID).
- provides a predictive system for order management;
the freight village warehouses, which also consists in the operational
management of automatic load/unload devices through AGVs (Autonomous
Ground Vehicles) moving independently but in a coordinated way in
accordance with the schemes prescribed by a remote control centre;
- manages the security and safety of load/unload operations;
- traces vehicle and goods positions and conditions in real time;
- models and predicts urban and interurban traffic conditions, by calculating the best routes for goods transport;
any irregularities in routes or processes during the handling of goods,
recognises critical situations and reports them to a control centre in
order to attenuate the effects of incidents:
- implements a
Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) with a high semantic and
ontological content for service integration and ultimate
Collaborative Systems and Components (Leader: Telespazio). This component integrates a few services for the implementation of IMPULSO and/or its upgrade with additional functionality.
More specifically this subsystem implements:
- vehicle and goods position certification (equally with legal value of the term);
- UHF systems self-tuning;
- IPV6 integration as communication standard between heterogeneous networks;
- Services for global end-to-end traceability of goods.