The development dynamics of the Media market are revolutionising processes and relations of different stakeholders active in the sector. In the TV segment, IPTV services are being developed and activities are now in progress to move from analogue to digital terrestrial broadcasting systems; in addition new types of telecasts are being introduced (from neighbourhood television to business television). New Internet services and trends and Web 2.0 applications - from Web Television through Social Networks to user-generated contents – have now penetrated other market sectors (such as conventional paper publications, music, radio, etc.).
New media users are now accustomed to cross-media and sometimes context-based uses, with their focus of attention distributed between Web, TV, radio and press. Phone operators and the most innovative multimedia publishers are now grasping such new trends, by innovating their offer in VAS (Value-Added Service) Multimedia services and in new community and communication services in which consumers have a pivotal role.
Vitrociset has skills and experience in this sector and offers its consumers a complete range of services including:
• The deployment of complex Web 2.0 portals with public-communication, CRM, community and e-Commerce purposes. Developed portals span from the application to place-marketing contexts of advanced community models to the provision of Web-based complex multimedia services for internal or external communication purposes;
• Business Television - Vitrociset is now working with publishers, advertising agencies and other undertakings in the development of TV communication projects on IP networks related to both outdoor and indoor telecasts;
• The development of social-network and multi-channel social media applications (TV, Web and mobile phones) and the development of innovative brand community and brand development projects;
• IPTV services - Vitrociset has developed an innovative IPTV model based on peer-to-peer casting, which reduces the distribution costs of digital contents. This platform is proposed to multimedia publishers wishing to diversify their offer for increasing Life-Time Value to users/customers;
• Digital terrestrial TV services and solutions - Vitrociset is now working with the main national and local broadcasters to develop innovative entertainment and governmental services based on digital terrestrial TV.